
En av mina mer irriterande ovanor, enligt mina vänner, är att jag tvingar dem att lyssna på låttext efter låttext och jag hävdar varenda gång att det är det bästa jag hört. Jag tänkte att den här gången så tar jag ut de rader som jag gillar bäst från N&TW's platta så slipper ni höra på mitt tjat. Det kan jag nästan lova. Nästan. So here we go, ett textkollage!
'But then I woke from the dream to realise I was alone
A tragic event, I must admit but let's not be overblown
I'm not trying to write a love song just a sad, pathetic moan
And maybe I just need change, maybe I just need a new cologne'
'I mean if love is just a game then how come it's no fun?
If love is just a game, how come I've never won?'
'When the baby's born
Let's turn it to the snow
So that ice will surely grow
Over weak and brittle bones
Let's leave it to the wolves
So their teeth turn it to food
It's flesh keeps them alive
As death helps life survive
So their teeth turn it to food
It's flesh keeps them alive
As death helps life survive
The world can be kind in its own way'
'When the world was all covered by snow
I forgot the colours that the grass tend to grow
I forgot the colours that the grass tend to grow
The trees were all leafless and lifeless and black
I wondered if the leaves could grow back'
'Well my bones were made in the womb
And they're the grains I'll leave in my tomb
And every piece will be consumed
By the love my heart endured'
'Oh, and when will our heartbeats fall into line?
And the click-clack
Of our boot heels
Beat out the same time?'
'It kills me to know
That when we are through
You go to your real lover
Who'll put real kisses on you'
'I will die and never ever hold your hand'
'But admittedly all these moments are just in my head
And I’ll be thinking about them as I’m lying in bed
And I know that they might not even come true
But in my mind I’m havin’ a pretty good time with you'
'There are ghosts and demons that hide in the dark
Wait till I find love and then they laugh
Oh they know that my body is no way good enough
Know that my heart is no way strong enough
To bear the sorrow that love brings
When I cower in fear the demons sing
That it's a hollow love
For a heart with no blood
In it's veins.'
'We are all just matter
That will one day scatter
When peaceful the world lays us down'
'Oh the cold wet wind blew over the heather
You wrote Charlie and Mary for forever
On the back of a rock that you picked up on the way
And in that perfect moment I nearly ruined it
By saying I love you and nearly meaning it
But you know I would never waste those words
When I last saw Mary she lied and said it was her birthday'
1 kommentar:
jenny vad är det med dig och lägga upp fula bilder på mig!? haha.
anyway jag orkade typ läsa igenom några textrader iaf... och som alltid var det fina ord. men du vet hur jag är!
Jag har messat med Garry Doyland idag (yä) och bestämt att vi ska träffa dem nästa lördag! shit shit shit vad det börjar dra ihop sig! ring mig imorgon jenny, vi har mycket att disskutera.
puss <3
Skicka en kommentar